This page is intended to attract those who may be interested in a brand new position at Aldersgate United Methodist Church.
Posted Position Title: Aldersgate UMC Children’s Ministry Director
Closing Date: Nov 15, 2017
Aldersgate’s mission is to encourage and enable the development of disciples of Jesus Christ. To continue furthering our mission, Aldersgate United Methodist Church has created a brand new Children’s Ministry Director role to build our children and youth education structure. This exciting new role calls for an engaged, creative, and faithful follower of Jesus Christ to lead and love the children of the community in their walk with the Lord.
- Salaried ($12,480 – $15,600)
- 20 hours/week
- 2 weeks paid vacation increases incrementally based on years of service
- Additional time off for sick leave
- Primary Responsibility: Ensuring our children and youth are actively engaged in the life of the church and to nurture each child’s spiritual growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Role: Engage, establish, plan, organize, staff, direct, control, and maintain a children’s ministry program for ages 18 and under. Thinking outside of the box is welcomed.
- Educational Expectations: Give structure to the children’s ministry program through weekly avenues such as youth group, Sunday School, nursery involvement, and other avenues. Seasonal programs such as Easter, Christmas, Halloween, and Summer VBS will be instrumental to the position’s and church’s success.
- Regulations: Ensure the established Safe Sanctuary policy is reviewed and updated at least yearly to abide by all United Methodist guidelines, as the safety of our children and volunteers is of utmost importance. All changes are to be brought to the Administrative Council for approval.
- Direction: Reports to the Staff Parish Committee, but mostly works in weekly coordination with the Worship Committee and Pastor for events and ministry programs. An office is provided in the children’s wing at the church.
- Nice Haves: Preferred familiarity with the United Methodist lectionary and previous experience with Christian education opportunities. Preferred 2 years or more prior teaching experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with talent in embracing computer and technology advances. Proficient in Microsoft Office (minimum Word and Excel). Familiarity with Facebook, Google apps and other avenues of electronic sharing.
- Further Opportunities: As the program advances, the role of this position may evolve into other growth opportunities.
We are passionately and prayerfully reviewing candidates for this position with the hope to hire before November 1st. Interested and qualified applicants may submit their interest through the below submission form.